RE: Screen Resolution

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:39:45 -0000
 To:  <hgquinn(at)attglobal.net>
 Cc:  "Hwg Techniques (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's an English phrase.  The Man on the Clapham Omnibus is just like The Man
in the Street.  He's a fictional, average, normal person.  A Joe Public.

What I mean is that we can never foresee exactly how our sites will look to
all of our visitors, so we have to design with the average vistor in mind.

For example, The Man on the Clapham Omnibus might surf with the following
settings: 800*600, IE5 maximised, Win98, 16bit colour, medium font size,
Java enabled, cookies enabled, JavaScript 1.2 enabled.

Tim