RE: forcing frames

by "Ryan Huggins" <RyanHuggins(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:31:09 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Here's how:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
              <!--
              if (top == self) self.location.href = "./";
              // -->
              </SCRIPT>
put this script in the head section of the banner and bottom html pages.
This should solve your problem (it worked well for me).

Ryan Huggins
WebMaster(at)HugginsHomes.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:41:27 -0700
From: "Suresh K Volam" <education(at)volam.com>
Subject: Forcing frames

Hi Webmasters !

Here I have a task.

I am using frames.  I have two pages, say banner.html and bottom.html in my
index.html.  Now, I WANT to use the frames compulsory.  That is, if someone
types http://www.mydomain.com/banner.html, then the user must go to
index.html (with the total two frames and not to just banner.html).  Can
someone suggest some script so that it checks if there are frames available
and forces frames with all two pages ?

Am I confusing ?  Let me know if I am confusing, and I will try to explain
it with some URL.

Thanks.

Suresh.