RE: window.status in mouseover

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:23:37 +0100
 To:  "'John Allred'" <webmaster(at)mscounties.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello John,

I had a quick look at your page in IE5 and Netscape 4.

The problem you are having IS related to the absence of preloading.  When
the onMouseOver event is triggered, the browser must load the image.  In
Netscape, this causes the status bar text to be overwritten with the loading
progress, which is ended by "Document: Done".

Internet Explorer continues to show your status text, without overwriting
with the loading status.

It seems that the only way to fix the problem that is seen in Netscape is to
preload the images.

Hope this helps,

Tim