RE: How to zap alert for MS plugin

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:24:52 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  <pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This problem began after I installed the latest IE upgrade. I was suspicious
that the alert box was a sneaky way to get me to install Microsoft's VML
plugin. The first page where it happened has since been revised. The second
is an intranet page containing only HTML and one static GIF. Since some such
"features" of MS software are stored in the Registry, I was hoping someone
had encountered the same problem and knew which part of the Registry to
edit. So far, the alert box has only appeared a few times, which would be
often enough, I suppose, to persuade a more naive user that they really did
need to download the plugin.

Keith Purtell