Re: Prefer Netscape (was: Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics)

by "Karin Christensen" <karinc(at)linkline.com>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:22:38 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Here is THE top thing that I dont like about IE and find myself
saying "I HATE IE"

> "Cannot find server or DNS error"
>
> WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN!?!?!?

I'll have to agree with you on that one.  It seems to come in waves.
If you click the refresh button then the page loads.  I use two
different computers, both IE 5, both connecting with the same server
via modem.  This problem will occur on both computers at around the
same time.  I talked to my server tech support who said I need to
reinstall IE.  I don't think both computers would have the same
problem at exactly the same time.

Clearing the cache seems to help sometimes.  Also, there is a link on
that connot find server error page that says you can check to see if
your setting are correct.  I discovered if I click on that link that
page I wanted will load.  Very weird.
Karin