RE: Fw: Personal Address Bar Icons

by "Ryan Huggins" <RyanHuggins(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:11:06 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Create a file called favicon.ico  This is the file that IE looks for when
setting a bookmark.  Bookmark your site first to make sure it works.  Note -
if you already have the site bookmarked, it will NOT add the image.  Only
new bookmarks will get the picture (in other words, this isn't retroactive).

  Ryan

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:52:49 -0600
From: "Jeremy Pratte" <artman(at)clearpages.com>
Subject: Fw: Personal Address Bar Icons

Does anybody know how to get a personalized icon to appear in the address
bar or favorites folder in a web browser?  We were noticing that on some
sites (when using IE) an icon appears on the left side of the address in the
bar that is other than the standard IE logo.  We tried to find a javascript
code or something in the page but we couldn't findanything.  Does anybody
know what I'm talking about?

Jeremy