RE: Another Dumb Tags Issue

by "Brian Paulson" <webmaster(at)chieftain.com>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:32:35 -0600
 To:  <bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
All the documents that I have read on making smart tags show that they
are created like a link with all the rest of the stuff at the top of the
page. As well as having the XML file with the links in it.

< html xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:odc="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:smarttags" >

< head >
< title >Smart Tag Example< /title >
< o:SmartTagType
name="msdngenwebsites"
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:smarttags"
< /o:SmartTagType >
< OBJECT
classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui >
< /OBJECT >
< STYLE >
	odc\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui)}
< /STYLE >

"One final step remains to adding a smart tag to a Web page: you must
designate which terms on the Web page will display the Smart Tag Options
button."
< odc:terms >Smart tags</odc:terms >

So in order for a word to be tagged your entire page would have to be
re-written to look like the example above. with that what every one is
saying is that MS will be rewriting all the pages in all my sites to
look like the example?

All you need to see smart tags is Office XP and IE 5.5 > we have that
here and I have yet to see a smart tag show up on the MS site or any
where else on the web for that matter.

The fact that you have to add all the to the top of your page to get
them to show up would make it seem that MS couldn't add them unless you
added the info for them to, and would also explain why so one has been
able to find the < tag > to turn them off.

Just my thoughts.

Thank You
Brian Paulson
Sr. Web Developer