what about JSP? [was: Coldfusion vs ... Oh dear!]

by anottingham(at)topazti.com (Amy Nottingham)

 Date:  Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:39:08 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

I have been following this thread with much interest, as my company just
developed an application using CF (and cfobjects) and are wondering if we
should stick with it in the future.  We like it so far, but all just learned
it and are not really aware of its full capabilities. (However, most of the
developers come from and object-oriented background, using PowerBuilder.
Some of us, like me, are more from the HTML direction). We are wondering if
perhaps JSP (or something else) would provide more code reusability and some
of the advantages of java (like full oo capability,etc..  However, I
understand that the learning curve for jsp is harder...

I am really pretty ignorant when it comes to jsp, so I thought I'd throw a
question about it into the mix.  Has anyone out there used cf (or asp, php)
and thought about using jsp?  If you switched over, why, or if you decided
not to, why not?

Just thought I'd throw this one in too :)

Thanks,

Amy

anottingham(at)topazti.com