JavaScript Windows

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:27:09 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi everyone

Having a bit of a problem with a JavaScript window.

We are trying to have a system where you can leave the window open while
going to another page in the main window and then if you click the
button on the main window it just refocuses the opened window. The
problem however arises when we go to the new page it's lots the value of
the window and so if we call the window like this

PWindow.focus();

It returns an error of object not found, even tho the window is still
there. Is there another way we can reference the window? By the way we
are using cookies to determine whether the window is open or not if
that's any help. Thanks in advance

Later,
Brett

"That's a pain that will shorely linger, and that's no lie" - Ed Grimley