RE: Frames - To Use Or Not To Use

by "Walter Kesting" <kesting(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:07:34 -0400
 To:  <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>,
"'Ken Cole'" <ken.cole(at)smiths-aerospace.com.au>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Do we REALLY have to use foul language in these discussions?

Using the slang word for a female dog is NOT acceptable in a business
discussion or in conversation with ladies present and is abusive to them.
The word implies the attempt to equate a problem in language coding that
then becomes a malicious, spiteful, or domineering woman.

It is language used in a school yard or in a locker room or at a pub amongst
drinking partners.  That word is an insult to our ladies, to our Mothers,
Sisters, Wives and Daughters, all of whom we should be protecting rather
than insulting.

Can we not use the word "bear" or "problem" or another such word?

Your logic used in your message about the original question is helpful.
Your opinion on the subject matter is sound but WHY do you have to reduce
yourself (and readers who could be children) to the use of gutter language
is beyond my ken.

You are intelligent and articulate.  You obviously have excellent skills in
your work area.  Please lets try to keep this site clean.

Thank you.

Walter Kesting
Pax Et Bonum