RE: Low end users

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Mon, 15 May 2000 09:55:05 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't think even the middle users are being well served. Research shows
that the average person gets irritated if they have to wait more than one
full second for a Web page to load
(http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9703a.html), and yet I've heard that the
typical Web user now waits more than 20 seconds for a page to load. There
seems to be a huge disconnect between designers and their audience.

Keith Purtell