RE: Low end users

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Mon, 15 May 2000 12:32:26 -0500
 To:  "'Peter Benoit'" <pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Another factor is age. I'm 44, meaning I'm from a generation that spent a
lot more time reading books, magazines, etc. as we were growing up. The idea
of having to wait for a page is alien to us. Equally offensive to our eyes
has been the nature of Web-based graphic design, which suffers from a
variety of problems ranging from ugliness to sparsity. Even if all you've
done is grow up on television, you're going to expect more from that box in
front of your eyes when you sit down to surf the Web. I don't know that
people accept slow downloads as normal, as you suggest, as much as they have
resigned themselves to the current frustrations of Web use. By all means,
bring on the broadband! I'll be glad to see this issue relegated to the
history books!

Keith Purtell