RE: Ordered Lists

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 08:15:05 +0100
 To:  "'Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks'" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
"'Frank Boumphrey'" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The problem is, Cindy, that the original document had the closing </li> tag
in the wrong place.  So, yes, I'm not surprised that removing it causes the
document to validate.

The correct way to nest an <ol> tag is:

<ol>
 <li>blah
	<ol>
	 <li>blah</li>
	</ol>
 </li>
 <li>blah</li>
</ol>

Note the closing </li> AFTER the nested <ol>.  You need to put your nested
<ol> INSIDE the <li> container.

In HTML, you do have the option to omit the closing </li>, however, if you
choose to use it (which is recommended), make sure you've got it after the
</ol>.

Hope this helps,

Tim