site w/MANY links

by "Roger Harness" <magic32(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:10:45 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
techniquers,

Not sure if this question is appropriate here, so forgive if it's not.

Anyways, I actually have a client (whoa!) which is a shopping center owner.
(or management...whatever), and they want me to re-do the shopping center's
website.

Not that it's 'horrible' right now, it's just nothing special. One main
page, with cheesy logo's for most of the 25-ish stores in the center. Each
logo/link takes them to a simple one page info area about that
store/service. Again, its not pretty, but i guess its effective.

Sooo, my question is, does anyone have any great ideas as far as having at
least 25-6-7 (seems to change on a montly basis) links appear gracefully on
a home page? I have one design so far that i sort of took the idea from a
disney page, with a circular logo in the center, with half the links on bars
sticking out of the left side of the circle, and the other half of the logos
on bars on the right side of the logo. Not sure if that makes sense, but it
seems to work with that many links, along with a search, map, date etc at
the top.

As this would/could be my first actual *paying* customer, I'd really really
REALLY like to impress these folks. I've just never designed a page with
that many links on the first page. I DO have another design with the obvious
'links on the left had side-nav bar' thing. Thats probably what i'd use
after the main page with my disney-type splash page. And im also trying
categories with subcategories:
HEALTH, SPORTS, & FITNESS
  Jenny Craig
  Relax the Back