Anyone got an effective anti-spam and anti-virus regime?

by "Mike Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:23:00 +1000
 To:  "'hwg-techniques forum'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I got a message from one of my clients today, whose web site I host, and
here's what he said  ... I'd like to know if anyone's got any effective
measures to do what he wants .....

[quote]
Could you ask your hosting company to virus-detect the emails and stop =
all
these sex emails coming to us almost 10 emails every day. If they can =
not do
this I have to move my hosting from you. In past few weeks we have lost =
our
server due to infected emails and down time has been 30% this is not
satisfactory.
[/quote]

My initial reaction is to tell him he's living in lala-land if he thinks =
he
can stop spam, specially since his website has his email address on it =
in a
dozen places, but before I did that I thought I'd check and see what you
guys think ..

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia