RE: How do I do this?

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:12:58 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi

Showing the popup on rollover is not that hard, its creating a well =
defined
glossary that is the hard part (that's persistent from page to page),
especially if it has to be completely done in JavaScript (i.e. without =
any
server code).

I actually just completed a project with this in it. I may look at =
fixing up
the code so it's suitable for general use. However in the meantime there =
are
a number of scripts around that generate enhanced ALT tags basically =
which
would be a good place to start. Have a look at www.javascriptkit.com and
similar and I'm sure you'll find something.

BTW, the title attribute method (suggested before) doesn't work on older
browsers and doesn't allow any custom formatting. But if that's ok then =
use
it because it's much much simpler.

- Brett