RE: I'm Still Using Text Editor

by "William E. MacLeod" <wmacleod(at)innotrac.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2000 08:47:04 -0400
 To:  "'John Murray'" <jmnc(at)lis.net.au>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
John,

Actually, what you are missing out on is a bunch of unnecessary code,
difficult code to maintain, larger file sizes, browser specific tags and a
whole lot of stuff like that.  I've been punching code for years by hand and
find that it gives me much more control over what I'm doing rather than
relying on Dreamweaver or FrontPage.

I currently am the Senior HTML Developer for Innotrac Corporation.  Before I
got here, the Web Services Department was using Dreamweaver and FrontPage to
create their HTML documents.  There were countless problems with the pages
functioning properly.  Considering our client base, this can turn into a
major problem for web site maintenance.  I've been here almost 6 months now
and I'm still working out code bugs left in by visual development
tools....but I shall prevail!

People compare HTML hand coding to a Model T.  Just remember...the more
bells and whistles you have on a car, the more can go wrong with it.

William MacLeod
Innotrac Corporation
Web Services