Marking where you are

by Matthew Seaver <mseaver(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:23:37 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<snip>
>------  Mark where you are  ----
>I am one of those people who like to have it clear in the navigation
>which page I am on.  Take the Portfolio page for example.  Even though
>you have a large clear label at the top of the page that says Portfolio,
>I'd like to have the page put in context in the navigation links.
>
>Home  -  Our Philosophy  -  [Portfolio]  -  Pricing  -  About Us  -
>Resources  -  Contact Us
<snip>

How does one go about this?  I have a template or Library file for my
Navigation bar.  It is the same on every page.  If I change the library
item, it makes the change on all 22 pages of my site so, by doing I have
condensed my work time on something like that dramatically.  And since I am
not a "paid" professional webmaster, and only do this on my spare time
(which is very hard to come by), how would I accomplish this and still have
an ease of updating the navbar?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance,

Matt Seaver
webmaster(at)newwinecc.org
http://www.newwinecc.org/

HWG hwg-techniques mailing list archives, maintained by Web Professional Association - IWA