Controlling modems

by "Keith Purtell" <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.com>

 Date:  Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:54:46 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Off topic but I don't know where else to post the question. We have several
employees who dial in from home, and do work on our internal network.
Sometimes the modems will hang after disconnect. The only way to reset them
is to have someone physically come into the building. Not practical outside
of business hours. The modems go through an NT server where I can get some
session information with RAS. It also lets me do basic things like
disconnect the user, but I think it's just terminating the session at the NT
user authentication level. I can dial in as an administrator and access RAS.
What I can't do -- and need to do -- is dial in from home as an admin and
send reset commands to the modem. Is there someone who has gone down this
road and can offer suggestions? TIA.

Keith Purtell, Web/Network Administrator
VantageMed Operations (Kansas City)
Email:  kpurtell(at)vantagemed.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is
message.