RE: ASP errors

by "Martin T. Hugo" <martyh(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:57:49 -0400
 To:  "'Juliana Halvorson'" <jh(at)graphmaster.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Since FTPing seems to work but publishing does not I would think this =
points
to a Frontpage problem, not a browser problem so I am surprised =
Microsoft
told you to upgrade your browser. =20

You don't mention if you have direct access to your server or not but =
have
you checked the event logs on the server to see what (if any) errors are
produced when you attempt to publish.  You could also try stopping and
starting the Internet services on the server.  Also check how you are
publishing the files with asp extensions (ASCII).

Do you get errors if you edit the page "live" on the server rather than
editing local and then publishing?  If the answer is no then it is =
almost
guranteed to be a Frontpage problem and not a browser or server problem
(assuming the event logs hold no pearls of wisdom).

Not sure if any of this is any use, just thinking out loud really.

Good luck.

Marty