RE: Can I make it look cooler?

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:13:01 -0000
 To:  <newmarker.1(at)osu.edu>
 Cc:  "hwg techniques (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Chris,

I've used DHTML and JavaScript to create a similar effect.  However, it only
works in Internet Explorer 4 upwards, so you might need to create a plain
HTML version for Netscape etc.

Check out http://www.collectiblecards.co.uk/ (please note that this is a new
site and still needs the creases ironing out).  The grey menu on the
left-hand side uses this kind of expanding/collapsing technique.  You will
need it to work on a much larger scale, but it's exactly the same principle.

The code will need some work in order to adapt it to your application.
E-mail me if you need help with it, or if you need me to explain what I've
done.

Tim

ps. The expanding/collapsing news reports is an excellent idea...mind if I
use it?