RE: Fwd: Launch Newsletter -- April 13, 2000

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:10:34 +0100
 To:  <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com>,
<pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I went to the site, declined the download of the plug-in, and all of the
images were there for the taking.  CleverContent?  Rather an odd choice of
name.....

Get over it guys.  If you put an image (or any kind of code or content) on a
Web page, it is available to anyone who wants it.  This is the nature of the
Web.

You can use any number of methods to annoy the visitor into leaving the
site, but as long as they can view your image, it will be possible to steal
it.

If you don't want your images (content, or intellectual property) stolen,
don't put them on the Web.

Tim