Re: copyright

by "Andie Maranda" <infomail(at)cogeco.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:51:51 -0400
 To:  "HWG-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think it is kind of ironic that you can use a site like www.archives.org
to look at your old site to prove copyright infringements when
www.archives.org themselves are infringing copyrights by archiving sites
there in the first place.

It is clear on my sites that they cannot be reproduced, copied, downloaded
or archived in any manner, shape or form without my written permission, yet
my site is clearly archived on their servers.

By the way, even if they showed five different dates for one of my old
sites, the site that comes up is my current site.

As far as I know in Canada you do not need to register a copyright before
suing. The copyright exists as soon as the work is created. I do agree with
Bob that meta tags will probably not be grounds for copyright infringement.
It is frustrating that, Michael, that you found an exact replica of what you
wrote but my question is, if the old site is no longer there, why is it a
problem? Just wondering. Code is lifted of web sites all the time and that
is definitely copyright infringement but just like recipe books who knows
where the original came from.

Just my .000000000000000000002 Canadian cents worth.

Andie

P.S.