Re: formmail

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:09:35 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sounds like the key here is that the web hosting company changed their
servers.  Check with that company to make sure the pathing hasn't changed as
a result.  Depending upon how recently this happened, it may be possible
that the form is intermittently still trying to send to the OLD server,
especially if they kept that server live and the IP addresses have changed.
Until that new IP fully propogates, people who try the CentreStage.com
domain may end up on the old server.

As for why it's now sorting alphabetically, I didn't see where you were
setting the sort flag in the HTML so I can only assume the script itself has
in some way been updated.  You have to explicitly use the "sort" field to
force it to be ordered alphabetically.

What version of FormMail are you using?  Note that earlier versions of
FormMail have a significant security hole, which has been corrected in the
latest version (v 1.91).

Mike