RE: DIV tag Netscape Link Issue

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:14:40 -0000
 To:  "'Kelowna'" <kelowna(at)xenon.elemental.org>
 Cc:  "HWG \(E-mail\)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

The problem seems to be that you haven't specified a width in your layers.

If you don't set the width of the div, Netscape seems to assume that the
layer covers the whole width of the page!

Set the width of the div on the left to 180px, then set the z-index of the
more information link to 10.  I saved a copy of the page to disk and made
these adjustments, and the link worked fine.

You should also note that, if two layers have the same z-index, the order is
determined by how they appear in the code.  The layer that appears later in
the code will be displayed higher on the page.

Hope this helps,

Tim

www.timbooker.com