CHEAPO hosting??

by "Roger Harness" <magic32(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Jan 2002 01:02:04 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
ok folks, i'm a struggling student, and i haven't been bright enough to
figure out how to successfully install unix on my system (sorry if you've
heard that before)but i want to be able to practice perl and mysql stuff. So
my next best (?) choice is to get a cheap host that i can play with. just
doing a search, i found icdsoft.com at http://www.icdsoft.com/master.html
and was just wondering if anybody's ever heard of it, or something similiar?
its like 5 bucks a month and a five dollar domain registration. so for 65
bucks, i can have blahblah.com, with the ability to telnet in, experiment
with my scripts, and even play with mysql. This just seems SOOOO cheap. Is
there some kinda catch i'm just do dense to see? Again, this is mainly for
practice, but with the domain, i guess i could at least work on an online
resume :)

tia,

-roger harness