Re: DHTML menus and Windows fonts

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:28:11 -0500
 To:  "Michelle Bullock" <michelle(at)sandbox.co.nz>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It is already using a combination of CSS, JavaScript and the DOM to
incorporate itself into the pages.  This particular setting in Windows
overrides CSS sizes, whether they be in pixels or points.   It appears that
this is something I'm simply going to have to live with --I can only
"suggest" to users my font size, it seems.  It also appears I'm in good
company:  this Windows font size toggle (not the browser font size toggle)
also disrupts similar types of navigation on a variety of well-known sites,
including MSNBC.com.   Ultimately the end user has the final say in what the
font size should be and I suppose that's just as well.

Thanks for all the comments; I've closed the book on this one.

Mike