Re: copyright

by "T. Kimsey" <tkimsey(at)budgetwebsitedesign.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:50:40 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Al Sessions" <al(at)oldforgefd.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes... a genuine attorney represented me.  The reason I could register your
work is if your work wasn't already registered, no one would know that you
authored it unless you already registered it.

I also won the case and my work was not registered prior to that.  I
registered my work after the fact. I won the case because I had a clear
exhaustive paper trail as proof that I authored the work.
The defendant couldn't prove otherwise as he didn't have all of the research
documented I put into it.

In fact, early in the case, it was pointed out that he could register that
work and if he did so and I had not registered it already, it would be in
his name and I would have no case save for the fact that I had the
documentation to prove that I did the work.

Teajai Kimsey
Managing Partner
Budget Website Design
www.budgetwebsitedesign.com