Re: An HTML question <<centering DIVs>>

by "Mike H" <ironmike(at)inav.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:18:39 -0600
 To:  "Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
<orasnita(at)home.ro>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I left out the width attribute in the sample code in my previous post. It is
necessary to specify some width in the inner div.

The statement:   "One other approach is to use a <.br /> tag to force line
breaks where you want them. The longest line will set the width of the inner
div, unless that line is wider than the available space in the outer div."
*** IS NOT TRUE***. My mistake. I was playing with the code, and mistakenly
thought I had no width specified.

div.container{
     text-align: center;
}