Re: automatic passwd creation?

by "Peter Newton" <c-newton(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:44:40 +1300
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Susan,

At this point I only have thier url,email etc details in the database and I
want to be able to automatically generate a username and an encrypted
password, If I could create an encrypted password for the database then
a lookup on the database would be the way to go. Even better would be
to email them a unique link(I've no problem with that) which they could use
to choose their own username and password. But how do I do this, I do
not want to be doing this sort of thing manually.

Thanks Peter