RE: What's wrong with this picture?

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:13:55 -0000
 To:  "'Scott Bowling'" <scottbff(at)erols.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  <cybrmage(at)dave-world.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> So why am I suddenly seeing an increase in placing this tag at the
> beginning of the file instead of the HEAD section?

It seems to me that sometimes Netscape will automatically display a <BASE>
tag at the top of the code.  In fact, this is certainly what has happened in
this case, because the <BASE> tag doesn't show up on a view/source using IE.

I'm not sure of the circumstances under which Netscape does this.  Any
ideas?

Tim