RE: Uploading Video Files

by "Mike Carlson" <domitianx(at)domitianx.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:22:08 -0500
 To:  "'Sandy Fields'" <sandy(at)sannicron.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If they are MP3 files, you don't need to do anything special. There is
"streaming" of MP3 files really. Real Server and Windows Media Server
will do psuedo streaming but it isnt true streaming.

Plop a MP3 file in a directory and link to it.

Now the other question I have is are they really using MP3. I have yet
to see a MP3 "video" file. Just audio.

There is MPEG video. This also doesn't really stream. Players psuedo
stream by playing it as it downloads. It isnt true streaming.

HTH,

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx(at)domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

26&type=A