RE: Upgrade To Win2K - OT, But What The Hey . . .

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:48:33 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't understand... why would you need to go back to DOS, especially
if you had NT installed and an NTFS drive? Windows 2000 setup has all
the tools you need in it to format your drive in just about any file
system and it has partition controls etc.etc.etc. It's a great setup
utility I reckon (same with the XP setup). This is of course assuming
you have a bootable CD-ROM drive. But if not windows 2000 cd has a
utility to make a boot disk for it which is a lot better than trying to
go to DOS and the back to NT (which is 2k anywayz). If you need help I
can lend you some :)

Later,
Mr Brett

"That's a pain that will surely linger, and that's no lie"
- Ed Grimely