Re: Image manipulation/Flash? question

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:18:16 -0500
 To:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think Flash could achieve what you need, but you'd need to express the
start and finish destinations in terms of x, y coordinates.  If you build a
function that defines the total area of your movie (or use Flash's built-in
one) then you could define what area within that movie you wanted your start
and end points.

One tricky thing with Flash is that I believe it has the x and y planes in
reverse of what you'd normally see in trigonometry.

A good source for this would be www.actionscripts.org

Specifically, try something like the example in the following tutorials:
http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/intermediate/Motion_using_Actionscrip
t/index.shtml

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/intermediate/actionscripted_movement/
index.shtml

In the above tutes, they explain a little about how the x/y functionality
works in Flash.  Once you have your starting and ending points, you can
instruct Flash to draw a line at a certain speed from point A to point B
using a FOR loop until it reaches the total length (in theory).

HTH,
Mike