Re: new 9.0 aol browser - grrrrrr

by "Martie Healy" <martie5(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:03:49 -0500
 To:  "Davies,
Elizabeth H." <EHDavies(at)west.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks! will give it a try.

Martie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Davies, Elizabeth H." <EHDavies(at)west.com>
To: "Martie Healy" <martie5(at)earthlink.net>; <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:54 PM
Subject: RE: new 9.0 aol browser - grrrrrr

AOL 9 caches the webpages on their servers. They check back for update
periodically, but there's no way that I know of to force it. You might try
putting an animated GIF somewhere on the page. Since AOL's image smasher
cannot handle these, they always return to the originating server to get it.
Possibly this will cause them to reload the entire page (don't really know
for sure).

Elizabeth Davies