Re: The Philippines

by "Stuart McDonald" <stuart(at)fourelephants.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:45:17 +0700
 To:  "Steve burrill" <steve.burrill(at)celtic-web.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm based in Bangkok, Thailand and would guess (though I've never been there
that the urban parts of The Phillipines would be similar to Thailand.

The standard rule here is 56.6 if you are lucky, though 28.8 is still very
common and regardless it is rare that the service is going at top speed -
I'm usually at 36,000bps on a 56.6 line - rather frustrating some would
say.... lines can be a little dodgy (particularly upcountry) so interuptions
are common. standard screen size is still about 15".

Cheers

Stuart