Re: Date-Time Stamp

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Sep 2000 11:50:28 -0400
 To:  <Tricia93(at)aol.com>,
<Hwg-Techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kim,

Assuming you want the server's date/time ...

The first thing I would do is to see if the database manager supports
specifying a default value for the date/time field.  For example, in MS
Access, you can specify Now() as the default value, and when you insert a
record, the date/time will automagically be recorded.

Failing that capability, you can use Perl's localtime or Time::localtime and
insert that into the field.

HTH. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

David Clapper
Vice-President & Chief Architect
Clio Associates
70 Pavilion St.