RE: .Net (Was: Re: suggestions please)

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:00:53 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Boy... aren't we a negative person lol :)

I wasn't trying to start an argument with anyone on this topic coz I'm
sick of the way these lists get to that stage. I also was not saying
that this was necessarily the reason for everyone to just take on .Net
in their company or whatever. I said quite clearly that it's why OUR
company was looking at it (plus quite a few other reasons which I said I
couldn't remember). Plus I would like to point out certain things may
have been available in other languages but that's not the point. The
point is it is what you of your company prefers or needs.

Also in regards to your comment about my first point... it had nothing
to do with bandwidth (what I was talking about). It was to do with
server-side processes (what all these languages are). Pre-compiled code
runs faster than on the fly code. Much like stored procedures run faster
than code in the page etc.etc.etc. I also did not say I was trying to
write a fully fledged application on the web. Anyway my whole email is
what I was just saying would b good for my company not necessarily for
other ppl.

Later,
Mr Brett

"That's a pain that will surely linger, and that's no lie"
- Ed Grimely