RE: DHTML z-index

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:00:26 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yeah I don't think this happens on anything but IE from memory, however
I do have a solution for you as I have had this problem before. You need
to simply hide and unhide that form element whenever the menu is
activated/deactivated. It's not 100% pretty but it's still better than
having the form element over the top. If you need the code to do this I
can give it to u.

Later,
Brett

"That's a pain that will shorely linger, and that's no lie" - Ed Grimley

From: "Andrew McFarland" <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

At 16:07 20/01/02 -0500, Darrell King wrote:
>I've given the div the field is in a z-index of 0, and the menu a
z-index
of
>1.  Still, the form field is visible, instead of being covered by the
menu.

As far as I can remember, form elements always go to the top of the
stacking order. Off the top of my head, I can't remember id this is
according to the specs, or down to browser implementation. I don't think
there is a solution to the problem, but I'm happy if anyone can show I'm
wrong.