RE: Business Question

by "Michael Wilson" <mwilson(at)xionmedia.com>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:15:30 -0500
 To:  "'Teri M Myers'" <hwg(at)cybelle.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi again,

I also read it as
a very narrow-minded intolerant policy that is pretty typical of
bible-thumping hate-mongering arrogance (my opinion - like it or not).

So your opinion is possibly just as narrow minded as the one you are
disputing?

I would imagine if you want to limit your client list to one specific
narrow
band of christian clients than that's your perogative.

Where did he say he wouldn't work for an anti-Christian organization? I
think what he said is that he would not build site with so-and-so type
of content, some of which was religion related. If an anti-Christian
wanted to build an online site focused on flower sales, I don't think he
would decline the project. I also, think he made that clear in his
second posting, however it was obvious to me in the first posting.

I personally do
not think that kind of language belongs in any legal contract, and could

possibly be challenged as religious discrimination, but hey - do what
you
wanna do.

Web Development is not a public service. He can turn down any project
offered - for any reason. However if he advertised a specific service
for a specific price, he could not discriminate without consequences
unless the content was deemed immoral or illegal by a court. A point in
case would be ABC web hosting service not allowing adult content to be
hosted on their servers.

Far be it from me to point out that it's this kind of religious
bigotry that has us in the political mess we are in now.

I would disagree. Let me restate what I think you have stated:

Bible-thumping hate-mongering arrogance a very narrow-minded intolerant
policy was the cause for the September 11th bombing?

Where did you obtain the information that lead you to this conclusion?

Let's frame this in a different way:

Would you build a web site for the al-Qaida organization if asked?

If yes, why?

If no, why?

Mike Wilson