RE: Web safe colours

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Mar 2000 14:13:40 -0000
 To:  "'katej'" <katej(at)xact.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Kate,

You can find some info at http://www.visibone.com

I bought a massive colour chart from this site, and I have it on the wall
behind my desk.  Invaluable.

You shouldn't need too much information about browser-safe colours: you just
need to remember a few numbers.

For RGB values (in your graphics package), use any combination of 0, 51,
102, 153, 204, 255.

In your HTML code, use any combination of their hex equivalents: 00, 33, 66,
99, CC, FF.

If you remember and use these numbers, your colours will be browser-safe
every time!

E-mail me if you need more help,

Tim