Re: Problem w/ Splitting Tables

by "Rossi Designs" <webmaster(at)rossidesigns.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2000 20:25:25 -0400
 To:  <achamp(at)flash.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If it's IE only you can use an iframe

<iframe height=100 width=100 ... >
<!-- put your content here -->

</iframe>

Data Driven Design
P.O. Box 1084
Holly Hill, FL 32125-1084
Phone : (904) - 226-8979
From: <achamp(at)flash.net>
To: <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 3:24 PM
Subject: Problem w/ Splitting Tables

> There may be an easy solution to this one, but if there is, it has escaped
me.  I am creating tables dynamically (via XML/XSL) and I want the table
header to remain at the top, while the data is scrollable.  Now I can do
this using two tables and a DIV (by the way, this solution is for an IE only
intranet).  The problem lies in keeping the header TD widths equal to their
corresponding data widths and vice-versa.  Since this is a generic solution,
it is not feasible to hard-code the widths in advance.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?