Re: previewing asp files

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Sat, 5 May 2001 10:47:40 -0400
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Bystr=F6m?= <sunergy(at)mac.com>,
"hwg tech" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> >Don't try to view directly in a browser, but rather have PWS 'serve' the
asp
> >page to your browser.
>
> You could also make use of Homesites or similar "site mapping" function
> to preview the asp file in the editor with the data being processed
> through the server. This is really neat. Actually, Homesite makes use of
> IE somehow for this internal previewing. This approach is especially good
> if you are working on a small display.

NoteTab Pro as well. Just hit F8, and you're golden ....

The web server operates in the background, so whether Homesite or NoteTab
Pro (my preference is the latter for many reasons, though Homesite is
nice) - the file is being served via PWS to IE or NS or whatever your
default browser might be.

(NoteTab Pro also has internal support for Tidy, CSE Validator etc)