Re: cross browser/platform testing

by "apathetic" <tim(at)apatheticgenius.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:08:57 +0100
 To:  "KG Web Solutions" <kgws(at)kgwebsolutions.com>,
"HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You only need multiple PCs to run different versions of Internet Explorer.
Netscape will allow you to install multiple versions on one machine.  If you
want to test different versions of IE on one PC, you can buy a program
called VMWare, which allows you to emulate another computer without buying
extra hardware.

If you want to test on Mac, you will need to buy one.  I haven't seen a good
Mac emulator for windows yet.  However, there is a good PC emulator for Mac.
I believe it's called "virtual pc" or something.  On Mac you can run any old
versions of IE/Netscape at the same time.

Hope this makes some kind of sense,

Tim