Re: How can I get IE 5.5 back again?

by "Louis M. Hall" <lhall1(at)midsouth.rr.com>

 Date:  Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:07:35 -0700
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>
 Cc:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Having had to reformat, etc, then wanting to reinstall IE 5.5, while still
using
Windows 95, I had the same problem. One source that I found was on one of
the older versions of AOL that most of us receive. Being a
pack rack I have most of them. You can't use IE 6.x with Windows 95, so I am
told. I can mail you a copy if you want me to. Please advise.

So, I installed 5.5 from the AOL disk. For sure you then have the AOL icon
on
your IE page, but it doesn't seem to hurt. To rid yourself of this icon on
you screen,
so I am told, is something to avoid as you have to fool with your registry.

I have problems with Outlook Express 5 [something], but not IE 5.5. [close
downs
when I change email addresses within 5.5]. I do not know what causes this.

I think at some later time after installing the AOL version I found the
microsoft version
of IE 5.5 after lots of searching, but I forget where. If I  find out, I
will post the site. Installing this
microsoft version on top of the AOL verson did not correct the changing
address problem with Outlook Express.