Re: Culling Names

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:48:09 -0400
 To:  <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
"HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey --I'm just trying to help.   I had no idea you were on a MAC or
otherwise.

In any case, you are deluding yourself if you think MACs are immune to
spyware.  It is NOT solely a PC-related issue, though the bulk of spyware
out there is PC-specific.  You are incorrect in assuming that just because
you can't see the program running, it isn't, even on a MAC.

Who could have done that to your machine?  Well, you, albeit unwittingly.
Spyware comes packaged with unrelated software you may have downloaded and
installed for other purposes.

In the interest of helping others, I submit to you this link:

http://www.macintouch.com/spyware.html