RE: Search Engines for a fee

by "Sheila S Ruth" <sruth(at)abs.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:52:48 -0400
 To:  "'hwg-techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Goto.com is probably the biggest pay-for-placement search engine. I get a
lot of traffic from goto.com. Why is it repulsive to want to pay to attract
business? Advertising has been an accepted part of our culture for a long
time. And pay-for-placement doesn't necessarily produce bad results. I often
USE goto.com when I am searching for something, because I usually get good
results. They have relevancy standards that you can't bid on a term unless
it is relevant to your site, which means that in most cases the search
results are highly targeted.

Sheila S. Ruth
sruth(at)abs.net
It's all about family: http://www.mycinnamontoast.com/