Re: AOLO user check

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 May 2000 12:00:37 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, you can't recover from an AOL 5 installation without reformatting
and reinstalling your OS.  Installing AOL 4 didn't do any major damage, but
I get mysterious, automatic "updates" installed without asking everytime I
log off.  I am not sure what they do, which is one of the reasons the AOL
machine is segregated.

I have designated an old P90 as the shop AOL machine, and this has solved
the issue for us.  We have AOL 4 installed on it, a BYOA AOL account, and
can thus check our sites without risking the higher-end machines.