Re: Link Length problem under IE5.5?

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)saltyrain.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:49:06 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Wow -- that's one hell of a link.  There is a limit to the length of a GET
posting method, though I don't think that it is set in stone - it depends on
the operating system, since the data goes into the environment ... and the
environment is limited in size, and some OS's may limit the size of
individual variables in the environment.  I think it is a no-brainer that
the length of the query string is at least a part of the reason for any
trouble.

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)saltyrain.com
Home Site                            http://www.saltyrain.com
US Constitution Online          http://www.usconstitution.net
UVM Class of 1989 Home Page     http://www.saltyrain.com/uvm/
Manager, HWG Logo Team                     http://www.hwg.org