Re: Strange "Netscape Problem"

by "Lisa H" <nstar92(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:44:23 -0600
 To:  "Rob Prentice" <RJP(at)clickdms.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rob,
 I can appreciate what you are saying. But in fact, most people, just in it
for mail and browsing, are just not interested. I have helped many set up
their computers and installed programs. Although I tell them about other
ways to browse, they do not want to deal with anything that is complicated,
and about 5% really want to learn how windows works, or even where the
defrag is.  I could not imagine teaching them how to use linux, it is way
out of their league.
Many end up with Netscape because their ISP has it on the installation cd. I
always steer them away from it.  It is one less program on the HD, and IE is
already available.